Your forms are one of the most critical parts of your sales and marketing automation. They’re where you capture information about your new leads and customers.
When your leads fill out your forms giving you info like names, email addresses and more, your account will save that information in a new record or update an existing one.
You can build any type of form using Ontraport Pages. Choose from prebuilt forms to add professional designs to your pages, or create your own forms with unique designs that suit your individual needs.
- Go to Pages and select the page you’d like to add the form to.
- Click and select a block from the “Build your own block” section at the top. This block is where you’ll add your form.
- Add a form field element to your page.
- Look for the “Forms & Sales” section in your elements pallet on the left.
- Then click on a Form Field element and drag it over to your block.
- Choose an object to designate what type of record you want to create or update with your form.
- For example, choose Contacts if you want to create a lead opt-in form, or select Companies if you want to collect business demographics.
- Select the field you want to add to your form.
- You can access related record fields by clicking on the > on the right of your related field’s name.
- (Optional) Hover over your field and click → to customize the style of your form fields. When you add your next field, it will use the same design.
- Hover over your submit button and click → to set up your form’s opt-in settings.
Order form elements
If you’re creating an order form, you can add these form elements to your block to customize your form with billing and payment information.
Here’s what you can add:
- Includes all the required billing address fields, such as address and zip code. We’ll send this info to your payment gateway for credit card verification if you have that set up.
- Adds all of your shipping address fields and a “My shipping address is different from my billing address” checkbox.
- Adds the basic information you need to send to most payment gateways.
- Allows your customers to pay for your products using PayPal.
- Shows your customers what they’re buying, the subtotal and total price of the sale. Hover over this element and click + Add / Edit Product for easy access to your payment settings.
- Promotes an extra product right on your order form. You can customize your checkbox label, add a headline, supporting text and/or image.
- Add upsell “Yes” and “No” buttons to your page. Upsell forms appear after your customer buys from you. This is why you can never add an upsell to the same page as your order form.
Pre-fill Field Values
You can pre-fill fields on your forms to save your customers time and create polished experiences. There are two ways to pre-fill fields: You can either select a specific value to pre-fill your form fields — such as pre-filling the title field to “Manager” for a form created specifically for managers — or you can add in contact-specific information such as your contacts’ name and email address.
In order to pre-fill your form values with contact-specific information, you will first need to create a PURL or a custom link to your page. Once you’ve done that, follow the steps below to pre-fill your form fields.
- Click on the field you want to pre-fill on the palette of your page.
- Click .
- In the “Pre-fill this field’s value” add a value or clickto add a merge field — for contact-specific information.
- Click .