In this article, you will learn how to upload your files to File Manager and add them to your Ontraport Pages and emails.
- First click and then Administration. In the Data tab, select File Manager.
- Drag and drop the file into the upload dialog, or click Browse Computer to find the file on your computer. You can also enter the URL for a file hosted elsewhere on the web.
Add file links to Ontraport Pages and emails
- When creating an Ontraport Page or Ontraport Email, select the button or text element where you’d like to add the download link.
- Click and select to select the link.
Add file links to non-Ontraport locations
- Click then select Administration > File Manager.
- Click on the name of the file, and copy the download link URL displayed.
- Paste that URL into your outside media.
In Ontraport you can upload and embed videos in your Ontraport Pages, WordPress site, or any website capable of using the HTML5 video tag. Here’s how.
Upload a video file
- Prepare your video file for upload.
- The Video Manager accepts most video file types (3GP, AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MPEG, OGG/OGV, WEBM and WMV). Any of these formats work when using the video in landing pages or on a WordPress site, but HTML5 encoding is limited to MP4, WEBM and OGV.
- Make certain your video file is less than 200 MB in size. For videos that exceed this size, use a different hosting service such as YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia.
- In Ontraport, click , then select Administration and in the data tab (default) click .
- Click .
- Name the video by entering a value in the top left field.
- Drag and drop your video onto the page or click Browse to select the video file from your computer.
Embed video files in Ontraport Pages
- Select and drop it into the block where you would like it to appear.
- Click on the video thumbnail to expose the video menu options on the left.
- In the Add a Video URL field, copy/paste the URL where your video is hosted.
Embed video files in WordPress pages
Users must have Ontraport’s PilotPress plugin installed on their WordPress site for this option.
- In WordPress page edit mode, click to add Ontraport media.
- Select the Videos tab and double click on the video to insert it onto the page.
Embed video files using HTML5
- In Ontraport, click then select Administration > Video Manager.
- Click on the thumbnail of the video you wish to embed. The video loads in the Ontraport player.
- Right-click on the video and select Copy Video Location.
- Paste the URL into a text file for use later on your web page. It will be used in the <source src=” tag to indicate the source of the video (refer to the full HTML5 video tag specifications at W3 Schools).