Maybe you’ve heard buzzwords like sender policy framework, anti-spam laws and Internet Protocol address, but you aren’t really sure how any of them apply to your email marketing efforts. Navigating email infrastructure and the technical side of email marketing can be overwhelming, especially when you keep hearing conflicting or confusing information explained in technical jargon.
The sheer number of emails that are sent out on a daily basis is mind boggling — over 269 billion emails every day — and you might be wondering how your messages are even going to get noticed. With the millions of scammers and spammers out there, email service providers have had to crack down on bulk email sends, making it even harder for you to get your emails to the inbox.
There has to be a way to ensure that your emails make it to your contacts’ inboxes without having to fight through the spam filters every time, right?
You’re Not the Only Legitimate Business Whose Emails Are Bouncing
With the influx of spammers out there who figured out how to “play” the system through quick-fix tricks to get their emails into people’s primary inboxes, spam filters have been forced to become increasingly more strict. Spam filters figured out spammers’ hacks a while ago and now penalize mailers according to CAN-SPAM and CASL regulations.
Unfortunately, legitimate businesses unaware of these new regulations and filters get caught up in this snafu, are mistaken as spammers, and their businesses suffer. So because of spammers and the shady tactics that they employ, it’s now harder to get emails delivered to contacts’ inboxes, even for legitimate marketers.
Email Delivery Guidelines Have Never Been Stricter
More than 100 billion spam emails are sent each day. To combat this, every legitimate email delivery service has developed strict guidelines to protect their email clients from being bombarded by unsolicited, inappropriate, malicious, or otherwise bothersome emails.
While the extra regulations are great for email clients, they have hurt millions of legitimate small businesses like yours, primarily by redirecting emails into folders like spam or promotions rather than the primary inbox.
With the overwhelming amount of false information and marketing myths floating around, it’s sometimes hard to discern what is accurate, up-to-date information about email delivery. If you accidentally follow inaccurate information or spammy strategies repeatedly, your sender reputation will inevitably suffer and your email will automatically be sent to the dreaded spam box.
Restore and Preserve Your Sender Reputation
With thousands of email marketers out there who are only interested in gaming the system, the only thing that will ensure you get the pristine sender reputation you deserve is playing by the rules and using honest email strategies.
As a marketer who is interested in building strong and long-term relationships with your customers, you need to ditch the quick-fix email marketing tricks that aren’t sustainable and won’t build integrity into your business or trust with your clients. As it says in the Email Delivery Handbook, “Sending mail the right way – not under the guise of any half-truths or lies – allows you to create longer-lasting and more profitable relationships with your customers and prospects.”
HERE’S WHY LEARNING THE INS AND OUTS OF DELIVERABILITY WILL GET YOUR EMAIL MARKETING BACK ON TRACK:
- You’ll learn the importance of formatting messages properly, from the From Address selection to the Reply To and From Name so that your emails never look spammy again.
- You’ll learn how to set clear expectations so that your subscribers know exactly what you will be sending them – and look forward to it.
- You’ll find out how to use the top email tools for marketers so that you can easily and quickly monitor your delivery rates to maintain a pristine sender reputation.
- You’ll be able to mitigate your bounce rate so that you can stop wasting time and money sending email to contacts who have invalid or inactive addresses.
- You’ll learn how to expertly understand and navigate anti-spam laws to ensure that your marketing emails are always compliant and make it into your contacts’ inbox every time.
- You’ll learn how to read the fine print of your Email Service Provider so that you know they are reputable and will work hard to make sure your emails get delivered.
Ready to improve your delivery rates? Check out the Email Delivery Handbook.