Think about groups as saved searches: When you create a group, you’re setting up a search for all contacts that meet certain criteria and saving that search with a name so you can go back to it whenever you like.
Once you have a group created, you can select it and perform actions manually that will apply to everyone in the group, such as sending an email, adding/removing a tag, or adding them to a campaign.
Check out the video about creating contact groups to learn more.
- To create a group, go to .
- Click on the Group dropdown menu and select . Name the group.
- Select a group permission to limit who can view or edit the group.
- Click to start building your group.
- Choose a contact field, condition, and value for each group criteria you add.
- To add another field value to a group condition, hover over the condition to be added to and click .
- To add another group condition, click
- Click .
- Verify that your new group contains the contacts you know meet the conditions.
Let’s say you want to see a list of everyone in your database who’s from Canada or Mexico and is a client. You’ll set up your conditions like this:
- “Country is equal to Canada OR Mexico”
- “Contact Tags contains Client”
Note, you’ll need to have created the Client tag to label which contacts are clients for this to work.