There are three ways a person can be added to a Facebook Custom Audience:
1. By visiting one of your pages containing a Facebook pixel.
2. By interacting with your mobile app (if you have one).
3. By manually uploading a contact’s email address or phone number.
We’re going to be focusing on the third option. In order to do this, export a contact’s email address or phone number from your contact management system into a spreadsheet. Then upload the spreadsheet to Facebook where any accounts with a matching email address or phone number will get added to your custom audience. This allows you to:
• Collect leads offline, then retarget them online.
• Engage in a partnership where you don’t control the Facebook pixel on the page(s) being used, but still get a list
and add them to your custom audiences.
• Retarget prospects, leads and clients based on an infinitely wider range of criteria than simply ‘visiting a page’.