By adding different actions based on the behaviors of your contacts, you can create a systemized, automated and personalized campaign that nurtures them throughout the customer lifecycle.
Using actions in your automated campaigns
To add an action element to your campaign, click > Action tab > Choose an action. Here’s a list of the different actions you can use to perform different automated functions within your campaign.
- Send an Email: This action sends an email to a contact.
- Send an SMS: This action sends an SMS text message to a contact (e.g., appointment reminders and confirmations).
- Send a Postcard: This action triggers a postcard to be sent. This is a great addition to your campaign if you want to send physical coupons, reminders or birthday cards.
Automated Manual Assignments
- Assign Task: This action allows you to assign tasks to team members. Tasks are steps in a process that are non-automatable (e.g., a sales rep making a phone call to a lead, a team member reviewing items in a paper file, etc).
- Notify With SMS: This action uses SMS text messages to notify a team member or internal partner, such as someone at a shipping facility or a contractor, about important information.
- Notify With Email: This action uses emails to notify a team member or internal partner, such as someone at a shipping facility or a contractor, about important information.
Automated Membership Site
- Give WordPress Membership Access (advanced tab): This action grants access to your WordPress membership site. This is commonly used after a membership purchase or a partner program sign-up.
- Remove WordPress Membership Access (advanced tab): This removes WordPress membership access.
Automated Campaign and Sequence
- Add to Campaign: This action adds a contact to a campaign. When you use this action on a campaign, contacts from that campaign will be added to the campaign map you select via the Added to Campaign trigger. They will only return to the original campaign after they hit an “end” or “exit” element in the campaign they were sent to. If you would like your contacts to continue on the original campaign and also be sent to another campaign, on your original map add a fork element before your Add to Campaign element.
- Remove From Campaign: This action removes a contact from a campaign. This would be useful if the contact achieved a goal and no longer needed to be on that particular campaign.
- Add to Sequence (legacy feature): This action adds a contact to a legacy sequence. Contacts will proceed through the entire sequence before returning to the campaign (only if the sequence settings are set to “Unsubscribe after last step”).
- Remove From Sequence (legacy feature): This action removes a contact from a legacy sequence.
- Add Product to Purchase History: This action adds products to a contacts’ purchase history.
- Update Contact (any editable field): This action allows you to automate changing a field in a contact record (e.g., changing a status field from lead to client, blanking out a field, and updating a date field to a time in the past or future).
- Change Tags: Tags are like labels for your contacts. This action adds or removes tags from your contacts (e.g., adding a “customer” tag and removing a “lead” tag after a lead has purchased from you).
- Send to Fulfillment: This action adds your contacts to a fulfillment list. This is commonly used if you to have a list of contacts who reached a particular step in your process.
- Remove From Fulfillment List: This action removes your contacts from a fulfillment list.
- Cancel Open Orders: This action cancels a payment plan or recurring payment. For example, if a contact completes your membership cancellation form, this element will remove the open order from the contact record and the contact would not be charged for the product again.
- Recharge Transactions: This action recharges transactions that are in collections.
Sales Force Automation
- Add to Lead Router: This action will add a contact to a lead router. This is most commonly used to route leads to different members of the sales team.
- Add to Facebook Custom Audience (advanced tab): This action works with our Facebook integration to add or remove a contact to or from a Facebook Custom Audience. For example, once contacts have purchased a product, add them to your Facebook Custom Audience that encourages sharing and referrals instead of buying your product.
- Send a Webhook (advanced tab): This advanced action element is used to send information from Ontraport to another system that accepts this type of data. For example, you could use a webhook to send a contact’s email address to a webinar system to register the contact for the webinar.