To access invoice templates in Ontraport
Ontraport provides two ways to access the custom invoice template editors:
- Using Ontraport’s workflow inside the Ontraport Forms or Ontraport Page editors:
- Choose an existing or create a new order form that you want to set up an invoice for.
- Edit the order form block and click .
- Under invoice, click the dropdown and select . Name your template, then click Save & Edit.
- You can also copy or edit the default template or any previously made custom invoice. Just check the box next to the message you’d like to copy and then click .
- You can also reach the invoice editor by navigating to → Settings → Double Opt-in / Invoice Manager → .
If you’re creating an invoice template for a specific page or form you built with Ontraport, you would likely choose option #1. If you’re creating an invoice template for a non-Ontraport page, you would choose option #2.
To customize your default invoice
You can personalize your default invoice and unsubscribe page with your company logo and color to ensure all your assets are on-brand.
- Go to → → Business Info.
- Click .
- To add a brand color, click the color picker for the “brand color” field and select a color or add hex code in the space provided.
- To add your logo, click and upload your logo.
- Click .
Recommended: Customizing invoices using the Invoice (Ontraport Email) editor
We recommend choosing from any of the pre-built invoice templates for ease of use. If you would still like to start from scratch, follow the directions below. You can select a pre-formatted invoice block that includes all the fields required by most local jurisdictions and style the rest as you like.
- Click → Start from Scratch.
- Click → Invoice. Several pre-formatted invoice blocks are available, and all include the necessary fields to gain approval for the new custom invoice template.
- Adjust the settings as needed and add header or footer blocks if desired.
- Click .
Advanced: Creating invoices with the HTML editor
If you prefer, you can create your custom invoice template using Ontraport’s Invoice HTML Editor:
- Select the Invoice: HTML Editor button. The editor will appear.
- Use the merge fields drop down () to format the invoice portion of the message.
- If you choose HTML editor option, remember that the invoice must contain the following:
- Your company information
- Order or Invoice number
- Order date
- The customer information
- The bill to information, if different from the customer information
- The item and quantity purchased
- The total amount paid
Your local laws may require other information on the invoice; it is your responsibility to ensure your custom invoice template meets your local requirements.