Running targeted ads on Facebook has become more difficult as Apple and Google implement changes to the way peoples’ online activity is tracked.
As an Ontraport user, you’re already prepared to handle these changes because Ontraport tracks your leads throughout their journey with you — so you don’t have to rely on third-party data for this insight.
Our Facebook tracking feature, called Deep Funnel Conversion Tracking, takes these capabilities a step further. It enables you to capture the necessary Facebook tracking data yourself and send it back to Facebook through its Conversion API so you can continue targeting your Facebook ads.
Check out our webinar to learn more about what these changes mean to advertisers on Facebook. To get this feature set up in your account, follow the instructions below. The process involves enabling advanced Facebook and Google Analytics tracking fields in your account, downloading and publishing a prebuilt automation map to send your data to Facebook, and setting up your Facebook Analytics account to use that data.
This feature is available for Pro or Enterprise level accounts.
To enable advanced Facebook tracking fields
This feature will allow you to capture the Facebook Click ID and Browser ID parameters when your forms are submitted, and store that data in two new fields: “Facebook fbc” and “Facebook fbp.” As soon as you toggle this feature on, your new fields will be created and automatically added to all of your Ontraport forms and forms on Ontraport pages.
- Go to → Administration → Advanced Settings.
- Toggle Deep Funnel Conversion Tracking on — .
Add tracking to your pages
In order to automatically update your new fields with your contacts’ data, you need to make sure that your Facebook tracking pixel is on your pages.
- Follow these steps provided by Facebook to create a Facebook Pixel.
- Copy your pixel base code to use for step 3.
- Go to the page where you will build your form or add your Ontraport Form as a pop-up.
- Click Settings → Custom Code → Header and paste your pixel base code.
- Save and publish your page.
To download your prebuilt automation map
This prebuilt automation uses webhooks to send your mid and deep funnel conversion data back to Facebook.
- Click here to download your automation map.
- Follow the automation checklist to customize it.
- Publish your map.