Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking is available to users with Ontraport Plus accounts and above.
- To enable Ecommerce Tracking in your Google Analytics account, follow the steps in this article. Copy and save your Google Analytics ID number. You will need this in step 7.
- Configure Google Analytics for your currency.
- In your Ontraport account, go to Contacts → Forms.
- Choose an existing or create a new Ontraport order form to connect with Google Analytics. Click Order Form, then click . A pop-up will appear.
- Scroll down to Advanced, then click the checkbox “Send Google Ecommerce Tracking parameters to landing/thank you page.” Click .
- Every form submission after making this change will send Google’s ecommerce tracking parameters to the thank you page. You won’t have to re-embed the form on your webpage.
- Get the Ontraport sample script from GitHub by copying the “minified version” to a text file.
- Add your Google Analytics ID number (from step 1) and your currency code to the sample script.
- Locate googleAnalyticsId = “UA-123456789-1” and replace the numbers inside the quotes with your own.
- Locate googleAnalyticsCurrency = “USD” and replace “USD” with your own currency code if it’s different.
- In Ontraport, go to the Pages tab. Find and click into the thank you page that corresponds with your order form.
- Click then scroll down to the Custom Code section. Copy and paste your edited Ontraport sample script into the Custom Header Code box. Click .
- Wait 24 hours for the data to populate into Google Analytics, then test the script.