Ontraport accounts come with varying amounts of users depending on the account type (Basic: 1 user, Plus: 2 users, Pro: 3 users, Enterprise: 5 users). Those with Ontraport Plus accounts and above can add additional users for $47/month for each user seat added.
Add a role and set permissions:
We suggest adding your roles and setting permissions before you add your users; this way, when your new users log in for the first time, they can only access what they have permission to.
- Go to your → → User Management tab → Team Roles & Permission Management
- Click at the top.
- Type in the name of your new role (e.g., sales rep, customer service rep, graphic designer).
- Select a role manager from the dropdown (this must be another existing role).
- Go through each of the permission settings and set your preferred permissions for the role.
- Click .
Add a user’s information to a role:
- Go to → .
- Click .
- Click agree.
- Fill in the required fields in the Contact Information section.
- Fill in the fields for the Email Information section.
- Email From Name: This field indicates what this user’s name looks like on manually sent or automated emails sent from Ontraport on the user’s behalf (if you have given them permission to be the owner of contacts or to send mail). It is also used for the confirmation email that prompts the new user to create his or her password.
- Reply To Email: This is the email address the user receive reply emails from contacts. If left blank, replies will flow to the administrator’s “reply to” email address.
- Fill in the required fields in the User Details section.
- Role: The role of a user determines the user’s access and actions permissions.
- Manager: You can set another user as the manager for this new user here, or it can be left blank.
- Fill in any other fields you wish to populate.
- Click .
Restrict IP addresses that can access your account:
In addition to setting your team’s roles and permissions, you can maximize the security of your Ontraport account by allowing only people using devices with IP addresses you approved to log in and have access to your account. This gives you control over the locations where users can log in to your Ontraport account.
To turn on IP address restrictions:
- Go to → → Security > IP Address Restrictions .
To approve new IP addresses to log in to your Ontraport account:
- Once you have enabled IP Address Restrictions in your account, attempt to log in to Ontraport with an unconfirmed IP address.
- You will receive an email with an authorization link for the IP address you’re attempting to use. Click the link to grant access.
Your users all have their own authorized IP addresses saved within their User Info. You can remove access from any IP Address by selecting it and choosing the option to “revoke IP Authorization.”