How the discount coupons work:
Coupons can offer a percentage or dollar value discount or a free trial of a subscription product:
- Percentage: A percentage off will be applied to all qualifying products on the order form, even if the customer increases the quantity.
- Dollar value: A specific value amount will be subtracted from the subtotal.
For coupons on payment plans and subscription products, you can choose whether the discount applies to the first payment only or to all payments.
- Setting up personal and group coupon codes
To set up coupon codes, you’ll navigate to → → . From there you choose which type of coupon to create: personal or group coupons codes.
- Select , then select either “create personal coupons” or “create group coupons” depending on which one you want to create.
- Add in your desired selections. Click .
- Fill in the coupon fields as prompted.
Personal and group coupon codes are inserted as merge fields on Ontraport Pages, Ontraport Forms, Ontraport Email, SMS, postcards, tasks and inside WordPress sites integrated with PilotPress.
- Click and locate the coupon section. Coupons are listed by the name you selected when creating the coupon.
- Create a field on your order form where your customers can enter their coupon code. You can do this in your order form settings by selecting “Insert coupon code” from the configuration menu.
- After creating a coupon code, it can be added to an order form. The coupon codes available for a product are listed when adding or editing the product on the order form. Select from the configuration menu.
- The “enter coupon code” field will be displayed on the order form. When your customers enter the code, if the code is incorrect, a notice will be displayed; if the code is correct, a line is inserted below the coupon code showing the description and discount amount will appear.
- Note that in the contact record, the purchase history will include the coupon details.