Ontraport’s ecommerce suite allows you to sell both digital and physical products online through an order form-based system. With Ontraport’s ecommerce features, you can offer a variety of products and inventory, enable subscriptions and payment plans, and coordinate with your fulfillment team to ensure a streamlined process.
You can also implement more advanced features, such as one-click upsell products, order bumps and automated product delivery to increase sales and offer more value to your customers. Finally, Ontraport supports integration with many of the most widely used and trusted payment gateways, making it easy to validate credit cards, view transactions, use unique currencies and more.
Getting started with ecommerce in Ontraport
- Add and configure a payment gateway so that your ecommerce site can accept payments.
- Create listings for your digital or physical products and services so you can sell them online.
- Set up your actual site for selling online by adding an order form block to your Ontraport Page or Ontraport Form, putting your product listing(s) on the page and configuring your payment settings.
- Test your ecommerce order forms and automation related to purchases with a dummy gateway before launching.
What to do next
Once you’ve set up the basics, here are some more advanced ecommerce features you can set up:
- If you offer subscription products or payment programs:
- Customize your credit card recharge settings and the automation that fires around them so that if customers’ credit card payments fail, you don’t have to manually handle each one.
- If your subscription products are run on a PilotPress-enabled WordPress site, use the customer center in WordPress to allow customers to add and update their own credit card information.
- Make individual updates as necessary to customers’ open orders for subscription plans through their contact records.
- Create automation to suspend customers’ membership access levels until they pay.